Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Morning on the Mountain

I am lucky to have a husband who supports me with my hunting. When it works out with his work schedule he will take the twins for a couple hours in the morning so I can get in some good hunting time. Yesterday I went up in the mountain on a peak that I hunted a lot last year. I chased a couple huge (one 160ish the other 190ish) bucks. I came within 80 yards of both, but couldn't get any closer. Yesterday didn't turn out as good. I stalked into what sounded like an animal walking over dead-fall and found this guy.

He had a very grumpy face and was not happy that I interrupted his feeding.

Besides this guy I saw five does, a snowshoe hare, and another hunter. I would call it a semi-success. It's always better to be out hunting than home in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment