Monday, February 22, 2010

Western Hunting and Conservation Expo 2010

We had a great weekend at the Western Hunting and Conservation Expo in Salt Lake City. We attended Feb. 12th & 13th. My awesome sister Tamara took care of Autumn and Porter so we could just relax and enjoy our time there. (Not that we don't enjoy the kids, but all you parents know it's good to have alone time every now and then!) After applying for hunts, attending seminars, and helping John Bair, our good friend and auctioneer, we enjoyed a yummy dinner and a concert by JoDee Messina. Saturday we checked out the booths and attended more seminars. One was by Carl Malone. He was pretty funny to listen to. He didn't have anything written down and he was all over the place with his topics of discussion. It was almost like a sermon. He gave his views on service, raising kids (for him whippings are the key), Mormons, and a little bit of hunting. The best part about Saturday was attending the newly formed Full Curl Society, a fundraiser group with wild sheep as the benefactors. At this I drew a DALL SHEEP hunt! It is a hunt worth about $20,000, and will be fully guided. For those who do not know what a dall sheep is, here is a photo.
Needless to say I am a little bit excited. It will be an awesome experience and will challenge me physically and mentally. Here we are at the Saturday night dinner before the Josh Turner concert. I am on cloud 9 from winning the dall sheep hunt.
Here is the handsome Josh Turner performing. He was really entertaining and we had a great time. Brayden even asked me to dance a couple times which made the night even better.

4 comments:

  1. you and your luck!! could you please send some my way?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!! I sent a text but thought you probably didn't get it, you are going to have the time of your life, I swear you two have the best luck ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (on Friday)!!

    Love Ya
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete