Monday, November 3, 2008

Zion's and Angel's Landing

Last weekend we decided to go to Zion's and see the sights. We also decided to hike Angel's Landing. The trip started out pretty comical because our camping trailer crank attachment (the thing to crank up the tent part) got lost. So we were pretty much out of luck unless we could find someone in the campground with the same crank. Well I went on the search and after two full campgrounds being searched I found one. I came back to a fully raised tent trailer and thought Brayden found one. Well he used the crank for the jack lifts and ended up bending the crank. So we had a working trailer until we took it down at the end of the weekend. That night the kids did not sleep good at all. We were up about every half hour or hour. I don't think I slept for more than two total hours that night.
Saturday was a fun day. We checked out the visitor's center and rode the shuttle to Weeping Rock. It was so pretty. The colors were amazing.


Brayden & the kids at Weeping Rock. You can see the water dripping down in the background.
The hike up to Angel's Landing was so pretty. The leaves were changing colors and it was amazing. The hike about killed me in some places. I knew I was out of shape and this hike proved it! The kids did awesome. They didn't complain at all and both even fell asleep at different points in the hike. It was well worth the hike. I was pretty amazed at how precarious it was at the top. It was like boulder climbing with the aid of a chain. I thought they would have fences along the drop-offs to stop you from falling a thousand feet. It made it exciting, especially with the kids in backpacks. I never got real nervous, but I can see how people do get scared.


Mid hike with the beautiful fall leaves.


Brayden going down some of the boulders. Notice the sheer drop-off to the left.



All of us on the top.

Here is some video of the rocky section of Angel's Landing.

We had a great time enjoying one of Utah's many beautiful parks. Zion's is awesome. Now that we live so close to many of Utah's parks we hope to do more exploring.

2 comments:

  1. fun! im jealous! love the kids costumes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I'm going to have to disagree with the comment that you are "out of shape". If you finished that hike with a kid on your back you are not out of shape, I did it last summer and only had myself to carry and I barely survived- that is what we call out of shape.

    ReplyDelete